Total Pageviews

We Did It!!!

On June 4th, Jake, my friend Stephanie and I completed the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon!! We have been training for MONTHS!!! It felt so good to cross that finish line!!! ...we are already looking for our next race (yes, yes were nuts!)

Jake and I in Leesburg for dinner the night before the race....

CARB LOADING!! (so good!)

Our Bibs

Mile 11...so close, had to stop and get a picture. At mile 10, they gave us a shot of apple wine...probably not the smartest decision, but we were still able to power our way to the end!

Jake came back and met up with me about a 1/2 mile from the finish line...he ran me in - he is such a great motivator!!! Love him!!

The three of us with our finisher metals

...and our free wine glasses! There was a wine tasting afterwards (great idea...BUT, the last thing I wanted to do after running 13.1 miles was stand in line for wine!!! I just wanted to sit!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment