Total Pageviews

Run Jake Run!!! The Marine Corp Marathon

On October 30th, 2011 - Jacob Robitaille completed 26.2 miles in 3 hours, 49 minutes and 36 seconds!  He worked very hard and trained for many months!!  His parents flew in from MA to cheer him on.  We are all so proud of him!!

I would like to thank my amazing wife for taking care of our house and family while I was out running around the town training for my marathon.  If it wasn't for you I would have never been able to do it.  I also would like to thank all those who helped me in my training and supported me during my race (that includes all who tracked me online).  Finally a Big thanks to my coworker Greg who picked me up the morning of the race and helped me get situated and kept me company in the hours before.

We had Spaghetti and Meatballs for my "pre-run" dinner - Thank you Brian (and little Brian) for joining us - It was a great time!

Here I am crossing the finish line. 
I am 2nd from the right in the black and green shorts.

After a crazy morning Jen was able to see me at mile 16 where after a kiss she handed me my Purple Foxes shirt that was given to me by Uncle Pat.  The shirt gave me some added motivation for the final 10 miles.  Around mile 19 I got a "Way to go Purple Foxes" from a passing Marine, to which I proudly responded "Give a Shit"!
Thanks Uncle Pat
 Jasmine worked so hard on making these awesome signs! 
Thank you girls you are the best!!

My parents and I after the race.
 Thank you so much for coming down to cheer me on.
 It was a huge motiviational boost everytime I saw you.

No comments:

Post a Comment