Total Pageviews

August 2013

Prince William County Fair
 
Leah and Matthew petting the rabbit at the petting zoo

The cutest little piggies
 
This goat was so funny - it was up on the wall?

Petting the piggies

 I wish this picture came out better - Leah threw the darts at the board and won a stuffed sting ray - she was sooo excited - just about excited as the fair employee!!
 
Adam and Maggie - it is so nice to have them so close!! 

I used to love this zero gravity ride...now watching it just makes me sick!

Leah and Jake up high!

The family at the monster truck show (I was so excited!!)

They were so awesome

This picture isn't very clear - but I didn't realize they could tip over - they flipped this truck back over and away it went - Awesome!!!


So nice to have a little boy to enjoy it with...the girls just think I'm nuts!


Grandma and Grandpas Birthdays and Anniversary

Leah and Matthew outside of the apartment with Grandmas gifts

Flowers for Grandma...and a little surprise for her.....

 GRANDPA - dad was in the hospital and was getting released....we didn't tell Grandma and surprised her!  Jake, Jeanine and the girls picked him up and met us at the apartment for dinner and celebration!

The ladies hard at work preparing dinner

Picture time - I must have taken 20 pictures of these two before I got one that was decent - goodness, they are like children!

best family picture!  geez dad!

Jeanine with Matthew in a headlock!

Happy Birthday!!!.....
 
...and Happy Birthday to you too...oh wait...and Happy Anniversary!!
 
Super Spartan Race - Wintergreen Ski Resort

The beautiful view from our apartment on the mountain...little did I know the hell those mountains would put me through the next day!


We headed down the mountain to check out the start line and see if we could "scout" the course!

Photo op!

Race Morning - Melanie marks me with my race number

The dreaded course!

 
My last picture I sent to my family...just in case I didn't survive ;)

We finished!!  We were a mess, I did not have an ounce of energy in my body, my muscles were totally depleted! 8 miles, 6 hours of obstacles, black diamond mountains and lots of mud...on a 1/2 a bagel, banana and two Gu packs! If I would have realized how difficult the course was going to be, I would have trained to climb mountains, not trained to run 8 miles!  I might have ran a total of 2 miles the entire time...maybe...the rest was crazy terrain that you had to watch your every step!

Spartan captured some great pictures  - this is where I carried a log up a mountain and we just hit the top - Its hard to describe the elevation changes and how difficult it was...next time I will pray for a flatter course!
 
Carrying a bag of sand...of course, the light object we had to carry on a flatter surface...

and finally....THE FINISH!!  I was so happy to jump over the fire! Success!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment