Total Pageviews

August 2014

Monster Trucks at the Prince William County Fair!!!   We decided to stand up on the other side of the track so we could see good! ...we were having a great time until the wasps decided we were a little to close to their nest in the fence!


 
 
 
 

It was a rough week for our family :(....

Monday, August 18th - Dad's Birthday / Mom and Dad's Anniversary
Tuesday, August 19th - Matt's Birthday
Wednesday, August 20th - Mom's Birthday
Thursday, August 21st - Took Renee to Penn State to move into college
Friday, August 22nd - Drove down to Wintergreen for the toughest run of my life (for the second time!!) ...BUT FIRST, I  scheduled a 90 minute massage...oh yeah!!  (maybe I should have waited until after the 8 1/2 mile mountain race!!!)


Jeanine and I took "Weezie" out to dinner ...and some wine and then we celebrated with hand made cupcakes back at the house....and a chocolate cake to celebrate their Anniversary ;)  In honor of my father, we also let balloons go with messages to Matt and Grandpa!






The big day finally arrived!  It was time to drop off Renee at Penn State!  I have been dreading this day for four years...I knew it would come quick...but geez!  I was not ready...but it went well, we got her all unpacked and settled, made one last trip to the store to pick up a few things, said our goodbyes and left.  I DIDN'T EVEN CRY ONCE!  


 


 Wintergreen Spartan Super - the toughest Spartan race they host!!  Last year, this race killed me, I swore I would never do it again and I had nothing to prove to this course.....until registration opened for 2014 and apparently I "forgot" the promise I had made to myself??  I wanted revenge, I wanted to do better then I did the last time.  I signed up...and guess what, it kicked my ass again!!!  Lesson Learned...the course is INSANE...I only beat my time by 10 or 15 minutes..HA!  BUT, I did feel pretty solid until the end...1/2 mile, up hill barbwire crawl through the mud, rope climb, slippery wall...last mile was tougher then the 1 mile black diamond mountain climb!  I'm lucky I was able to jump over the fire ;)  ...best part, I spotted the owner of "Spartan Races" and we were able to get a picture with him!

 Super pumped - our team before the race!

The Course Map...looks easy on a piece of paper!

 Our moment of fame before the start line with Joe



  
The Finish Line!!! 

The fog never lifted...this was after the race.

Cheers to us (The beer is mine ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment