Total Pageviews

December 2014



Movember is over, beard is shaved and we have this creepy "stache" left!  Love him!!!
 Jingle Ball Jog in Arlington...we won "Best Team Costumes"





 For Jeanine's Birthday, I got a new stove AND microwave!!!  Happy Birthday Jeanine!!  ...Her birthday dinner was the first meal we cooked in it :)






  Dinner at home with the birthday girl!  ...last year in her twenties! (for real)





Ho...Ho...Ho....





Having a little fun with my bosses!  We do a slideshow every year at our company holiday party...I thought it would be awesome to dress up as Santa and put the President and VP's on the Naughty List!!  So much fun!!







Breakfast with Santa











 Jasmine is in a leadership development class this year.  For one of their community service projects, they hosted a very affordable Breakfast with Santa.  I took Leah and Matthew and had no idea what it would entail?  We arrived and I was blown away, these high school kids did an amazing job!!  We came in, they gave us bags for our stuff, we took pictures with Santa and they printed them, each child received a gift, they prepared breakfast (Jasmine made donut holes from scratch, they had at least 10 different crafts that they could make, games, etc.  They had over 100 kids come to the event.  Truly amazing, so proud of her and her classmates.



BBC Holiday Party



Pre-gaming at the hotel...

 My hot date ;)  Jake bought these hats for everyone on his team!


 ...and my other hot date :)



Cookie Day!!



Cookie Day came in a little later then normal this year...we had to wait for our college student to get home...it wouldn't have been the same without her (guess Cookie Day will be late for the next four years...I will be waiting on both of them next year....oh goodness)  As always, we had a wonderful day, everyone came dressed in their Holiday attire ready to bake!  There was enough "sugar" on that table then I ever care to see again in my life ;)  ...BUT, I will continue to host it each year!  Sharing all of our "made with love" goodies with our family and friends is the best part of Christmas!  ...not promising that there was not any finger licking ;)










 


 
  College Christmas Shirts!!!  These kids are the best!!




  

 
  Jake posted up in his usual Cookie Day spot!









Christmas! Christmas! Christmas!

Let the good times begin!  We have so many family traditions and EVERYONE looks forward to them all!  Even with the girls getting older, its so much fun to see the smiles on their faces!  This year was the first Christmas without my father...it was tough, but having everyone together, was wonderful!





This sign caught my eye and I bought it to go on top of the TV...I almost felt like it was telling me to buy it.  I knew it was going to be rough and I think having it as a "reassurance" in the room we celebrated in was the perfect touch ;)


It wouldn't be Christmas Eve without a little Kinnect....











Appetizers for Dinner Christmas Eve....


Letters to Santa....the big girls skipped this year ;) ....




Christmas PJ's from Grandma....


















Grandma got her own special something to keep her warm!  After my father passed, we gave all his shirts to Jeanine's friend.  Her mother works with ladies who quilt.  They made this AMAZING blanket for her.  It came in just a few days before Christmas!



Jake reading " The Night Before Christmas"

















 





Before and After Santa came...




Christmas Morning!!!!  Exercises before gifts....house rule...no matter how old you are (Jasmine always cheats!)






....And that's why she gets coal!!









My father had a bunch of rope that he had not used to make anything with (Jeanine had purchased it for him last Christmas).  I wanted to do something with it for my mother.  I searched and searched for an idea and I found this! I was a little uncertain about making it happen...but I did it and It turned out awesome  (yes, I am tooting my own horn)!!






ROUND 2!

Donna, Lionel, Andrew and Adriana arrived in Virginia late Christmas night, we woke up and had Christmas...Round 2!

















Christmas Olympics

Jeanine did it again!!  She came up with games for the entire family!  So much fun!! ...and she took some great pictures while we were at it!!



























After the children went to sleep....



The Finch sisters whooped up on the Robitaille brothers




ICE

On Saturday, we went to Frosty the Snowman "Ice" at National Harbor!  We went a few years ago and decided to go again.   Afterwards we went to lunch and had a wonderful afternoon in the area!  ...until nap time, of course!







Penn State vs. Boston College - Pinstripe Bowl Game 

What a great game...so close, went into overtime and Penn State came out on top...there was only one person in the house that was NOT happy!





They still love each other in the end...but it was questionable for a few minutes there ;)


New Years Eve

Grandma watched the babies and Jake and I went out do dinner - Cheers to a wonderful 2015!!




Leadership Arlington Graduation


Class of 2015



Mom and I drove up to Marymount University in Arlington, what a great group of young, motivated professionals!  So glad we were able to attend and be there for Jeanine!  So proud of her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment